Trying for Another

We've been on a 15 month journey trying for another baby. We've been blessed with our son, but we really want another baby. I should've started this 15 months ago, but here we go!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dr. Appointment

So today I had my doctor's appointment/pap and it went well. I was SOOOO nervous about going and I my hands were all clammy and shaky. I guess I was nervous since I'd never had a male gyn. before, only women. And being overweight doesn't help either! And I hadn't had one of "those" visits since I got pregnant with Jack! With all that being said, I feel pretty happy with the path we're taking. The dr was very nice and very informative. The office staff were great and the office waiting area was so warm and cozy. I was surprised! Basically, for this month, the doctor gave me a write-up to have a full blood work-up done at the end of this cycle to test thyroid levels, progesterone, etc. Then after those results, we'll know where to go next. He said there's other things we can do after that, but some of the procedures get pricey and the insurance doesn't always cover them. So we'll see. I have a feeling we'll find some sort of idea from the blood work. Just a feeling I have. He didn't seem as worried since we have had a live birth before, that it would be a little different had we not ever had a baby and had all the miscarriages. I feel okay about today. Basically I have to just wait until the end of the month for the blood work. It'll be around January 14th or 15th that I go to the lab for that. In the meantime, we're still "trying" this month! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment